RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2014 BBC Coverage of Paul Vanstone and David Anthony Hall http://vimeo.com/96070810
David set up his first studio in the early 90s to concentrate on large format still life photography commissions, by 2000 he realised this chosen career was not fulfilling and so decided to return to the creative side of the art. He began capturing images that inspired him and reflecting a long held passion for the British landscape.David has been working on a number of public art projects over the last few years. His aim is to change the way that people experience medical facilities. Using his large scale images of forests and woodland the atmosphere can be transformed from clinical to welcoming. His collaboration with Marie Curie on their new hospice in the West Midlands is now complete and 26 bespoke pieces of artwork have been installed. The aim of the photographs is to have a positive effect on the patients, staff and visitors. Click here to view the work at Marie Curie Hospice http://tinyurl.com/als4mge Short film of FOREST FORM a collaboration between Stafford Gallery and Stone Theatre: http://vimeo.com/62085351
• Stafford Gallery and Stone Theatre – London 15th March – 11th May’13
• MNHDT Gallery – Belgium 3rd August – 30th September’12
• Brink Fine Arts, Talisman Arts Centre - March – April’12
• RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Concept Garden May’11
• Thompson’s Marylebone Gallery, May – June’11 London W1.
• Royal College of Art as part of 20|21 Int Art Fair Feb’10.
• Thompson’s Marylebone Gallery, June’09 London W1.
Art Prize & Awards
• Voyage of Discovery, Land Rover/Pro Photographer - Winner.
• PDN - Self Promo Awards, One2Fifty Gallery - Winner.
• Shoebox Awards, Finalist & Exhibition in the Oblong Gallery, N1
• ‘Art of Giving’ Shortlisted Saatchi Gallery
• Cork Street Open, Finalist & Exhibition in Cork Street Gallery
• G-Tec Driven Creativity Shortlisted & Exhibition Brick Lane Gallery
• IPA International Photography Awards - 6/6 Honourable Mentions
• Int Aperture Awards ’10 2/2 Bronze Award
• PX3, ‘10, Shortlisted for Peoples Choice
• Int Pano Awards, ’10, Bronze Award
• Howard De Walden Art Prize by Invitation.
Charity Auction & Donations
• The Royal Academy of Arts, Summer Exhibition,
Auction in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care July 2012
• Focus on Life at Getty Image Gallery 2012
• Chelsea Flower Show, Concept Garden ‘Bluebells’
Proceeds to CATS Children’s Acute Transport Service. May 2011.
• The Royal Academy of Arts, Summer Exhibition
Auction in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care July 2011.
• Reuters Canary Wharf, ‘The PhotoVoice’
Auction of Exceptional Photographs.’ 2010.
• Thompsons Gallery ‘Autumn Light’ Artist Proof in aid of Cancer Research UK
& Macmillan Cancer Care June 2009.
Selected Group Shows
• Stone Theatre, July’12.
• Annual Summer Show, July’11; Byard, Cambridge.
• Greatest Hits, September’11; WAW, London.
• Photography Exhibition, July’11; Byard, Cambridge.
• Life in the Cotswolds, June’10; Iona House Gallery, Oxford.
• Annual Group Show, June’10; Thompson’s Aldeburgh.
• Annual Summer Show, July’10; Byard Gallery Cambridge.
• Cork Street Open, August’10; Gallery 27, Cork Street.
• The Photographic Exhibition, July’10; Thompson’s Marylebone.
• G-Tec Driven Creativity, Nov’10, Brick Lane Gallery, London
• Christmas Show, Arfa bvba, 8300 KNOKKE, BELGIUM.
• Autumn Exhibition, Sept’09, Thompson’s Gallery, London W1.
• English Landscape, July’09, Iona House Gallery, Oxford OX20.
• Wonderland, March’09 WAW, London.
• Christmas Show, December’08, SW1 Gallery, London SW1.
• Photographic Exhibition, June’08, Thompson’s Marylebone.
Category: Fine Art Photography,
Foreword by Chris Dickie
Released July 2010
• Marie Curie Hospice, 30 bespoke pieces - reception, public areas & patient bedrooms. Opening January 2013.
• Public exhibit a 16' x 55' panoramic - Xchange Square, London N7
• The Worlds Smallest Gallery, Diorama - One2Fifty.com
• RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Concept Garden Thompson’s May’11
• 5’ x 35’ prints exhibited at the Business Design Center, London’10
My work has been exhibited in 12 countries and is part of numerous private collections in at least 15 countries as well as in the permanent collection at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London and Marie Curie Hospice West Midlands.